Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a welcome world

I welcome you to this place and i welcome myself as well.
I only just discovered blogging. being a stay at home mom i have been feeling disconnected in more than one sense. i especially wish for a community of mothers to connect and share with (hell id settle for one). i really do feel that it is such a shame not to have this, for me and the little one.
i am hopefull that in the future i will discover and be part of a rich community.
for now though, i am thankfull to have found some really amazing womens blogs. i am inspired, i learn and i gain a feeling of having shared. it is great to be sharing with you.
here i will be honest and release what needs to be released. keep myself inspired and rejoice in the fortune of this life.

here is a little information about me (in case your as curious as i am):
i am a young mother (young for this day in age). Amon (meaning hidden one in ancient egyptien and teacher/builder in hebrew) was born 6 months ago at a beautiful and powerful home birth. i felt so strong, able to do anything. i felt reborn myself. stretching out beside him, light as a feather, seeing with new eyes, everything so big.
my mind clear! sensing without disection
oh it was amazing and i hope all woman will leave behind their fears and discover the beauty and importance of natural birth. how it prepares you for the immensity of motherhood.
(sweet surrender)
(ahhhh so good to be alive)
amon, richard (my partner and amons father) and i live in a city in ontario canada. city living for me is the pits (no finer way to disconnect i say). richard works at a okay paying outdoor retailer. we rent the top floor apartment of my dads house... oh boy eh. we feel very blessed though as we get a good price and it is a good size for us.
we have dreams of moving out west to bc and both of us want to go to school.
rich for parks and recreation (hes a outdoor enthusiast! as they say) and i hope to become a teacher for waldorf (or waldorf like) schools
well the little one sleeps and i feel like these past few hours are the longest ive had to myself in a while. thats it for now....
breath deep seek peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it was great reading your blog, I too am new to this whole blogging thing. I have 3 children the youngest being a beautiful homebirth. I could relate to the total transformation that you feel after experiencing a homebirth. I chose to keep Gracie cord attached (lotus birth) and that was amazing to watch her stillness in the days before her cord let go. I practice EC with her and although it can be challanging at times it is worth the energy it takes.
Enjoy your beauitful baby,
Blessings, Donna